Alexandria, V.A., -- The American Society of Travel Advisors (ASTA) is pleased to announce its Board of Directors' newly re-elected Directors-at-large, who will officially begin their second two-year term at the close of ASTA’s Global Convention in San Francisco in August 2022. There were three open Director-at-large seats this year. The following are the newly re-elected national Directors-at-large:
- Marc Casto, President Leisure Americas, Flight Centre Travel Group
- Jackie Friedman, President, Nexion Travel Group
- Tiffany Hines, President & CEO, Global Escapes, Inc.
The other at-Large Directors returning to the board for 2022-2023 term are as follows:
- Kelly Bergin, President, Duglin Travel Group
- Roger Block, President, Travel Leaders Network
- Kareem George, President, Culture Traveler, LLC
- Vanessa McGovern, Co-Founder & Chief Sales Officer, Gifted Travel Network
- Patricia Thorington, Manager, Plaza Travel
Appointed or Elected by Committee
The following Board seats are either appointed or voted on by a subset of ASTA membership:
- CAC Chair – Michael Dixon – returning to the Board as the CAC Chair and will sit on the Executive Committee for one more year.
- CAC Vice Chair – Kathy Bedell – returning to the Board as the CAC Vice Chair for one more year.
- Small Business Network Director – Rhonda Shumway – serving the second year of her first term.
- Consortium Director – John Werner, MAST Travel Network, will take the place of Helen Enriquez, representing Ensemble, on the ASTA Board of Directors.
- Elected Regional Director – Southeast – Eddie Woodham – elected to a second term.
- Returning Regional Director – North Central – Deb Belchak – serving the second year of her first term.
- Returning Regional Director – Northwest – Lynda Phillippi – serving the second year of her first term.
Looking ahead, in 2023, five At-Large seats, one Small Business Director seat and two Regional Director seats on the Board of Directors will be open.
ASTA would like to thank all the membership that participated in the voting and election process. We appreciate your commitment to ASTA’s leadership. For questions or comments about ASTA elections, visit www.asta.org/elections or email email@example.com.