The Promotion of Excellence
As one of the travel industry's premier organizations, ASTA strives to promote excellence within the trade. To that end, ASTA presents several awards to recognize those professionals who make lasting contributions to the travel industry.
ASTA Supplier Awards recognize industry suppliers and partners who have demonstrated a willingness and desire to partner with agencies and reward their travel advisor sales force accordingly.These awards are voted by ASTA membership. See below for a list of our 2020 Award Winners.
- Partner Company of the year : AmaWaterways
- Partner Representatives of the Year: Vicki Freed, SVP, Sales, Trade Support and Service for Royal Caribbean International
- Airline Partner of the Year: American Airlines
- Transportation Partner of the Year: Enterprise Holdings
- GDS Partner of the Year: Sabre
- Hotel Partner of the Year: Marriott International
- Ocean Cruise Line Partner of the Year: Royal Caribbean International
- River Cruise Line Partner of the Year: AmaWaterways
- Travel Insurance Partner of the Year: Allianz
- North American Destination Partner of the Year: Discover Puerto Rico
- International Destination Partner of the Year: Croatia
- Supplier Partner of the Year: AmaWaterways
- Technology & Transaction Partner of the Year: Airlines Reporting Corporation
- Sustainability Partner of the Year: G Adventures
- Supplier Medal of Excellence : Sabre
- Hotel Partner of the Year: Marriott: Royal Caribbean International
Each year ASTA recognizes its outstanding members who have devoted their time and passion to advance the industry. These awards showcase the commitment our membership has to keeping the travel industry strong. See below for our 2020 winners.
- ASTA Consortia of the Year : Virtuoso
- ASTA Consortia of the Year : Signature Travel Network
- ASTA Consortia Partner of the Year: Ensemble Travel Group
- ASTA Travel Advisor of the Year: All ASTA Travel Advisors
- ASTA Host Agency of the Year : OASIS Travel Network
ASTA Franchise Partner: Cruise Planners
ASTA Chapter of the Year: Long Island ASTA Small Business Network Chapter
- ASTA Chapter on the Rise: ASTA Central Atlantic Chapter
- ASTA Chapter President of the Year : Leila Dada, Arizona Chapter President
- ASTA Susan D. Tanzman Inspiration Award: Karolina Shenton, The Cruise Web, Inc.
- ASTA International Chapter of the Year: ASTA Myanmar Chapter
- ASTA International Chapter President of the Year: Kyaw Bohne Naing, ASTA Myanmar Chapter
- ASTA Regional Director of the Yea: Debra Belchak, Mid-Michigan SBN Chapter President
- ASTA Young Professional Society (YPS) Award: Summer Corbitt, Director Marketing & Sales at Uniglobe Travel Center
- ASTA Member Service Award: Lake City Travel and Cruises
- ASTA Member Service Award: Rosenlund Travel Service
- Spirit of ASTA Small Business Network Awards
- David M. Thrower Member of the Year - Helen Prochilo, Promal Vacations
- Chris Kai’aokamalie Supplier Liason of the Year - Vicki Freed, SVP, Sales, Trade Support and Service for Royal Caribbean International
- Tonya Hancock Supplier Partner of the Year - Royal Caribbean International
- ASTA Small Business Network Luminary Award: Eddie Woodham, ASTA Board Member,Southeast Regional Director, and South Florida Chapter President
- ASTA Small Business Network Exemplar Award : AmaWaterways
- ASTA Small Business Network Exemplar Award: Celebrity Cruises
All ASTA Awards_____________________________________________________
Chapter President of the Year Award - All Chapter Presidents are eligible for this award. This award is given to the Chapter President who the chapter members, Regional Directors, and ASTA Staff feel exemplify what it means to be an ASTA Chapter President.
Young Professional AwardASTA has a team of six Regional Directors who work tirelessly to make sure ASTA chapter leadership has the support they need to do the important work of connecting ASTA members at the local level. Voted on by ASTA Chapter Presidents, we will recognize one of these excellent Regional Directors with the Regional Director of the Year Award.
Those Regional Directors are as follows:
- Lois Howes—Northeast Region
- Eddie Woodham—Southeast Region
- Chris Seddelmeyer—North Central Region
- Deb Belchak—South Central Region
- Lynda Phillippi—Northwest Region
- Laura Rodriguez—Southwest Region
Chapter of the Year Award - All chapters are eligible for this award. In addition to looking at how chapters have to fulfill the chapter requirements and guidelines, we would like the chapters to tell us how they exemplify what it means to be an ASTA Chapter.
Chapter on the Rise Award - Similar to the Chapter of the Year award, the Chapter on the Rise award is awarded to a newer chapter or chapter that is restarting that is well on their way to becoming an exemplary ASTA Chapter.
International Chapter of the Year Award - We have a team of International Chapter Presidents who work tirelessly to make sure ASTA members feel connected on a local level. Every year we like to recognize one of these excellent International Chapter Presidents with the International Chapter President of Year Award. The award winner will be announced at Chapter Connections Monday August 24th 1:00pm-2:30pm (EST).
International Chapter President of the Year Award - All chapters are eligible for this award. We would like the chapters to tell us how they exemplify what it means to be an ASTA Chapter.